My online “family” at Clicknewz is hosting a blog meme… I haven’t done one of these for YEARS, and NEVER one on this blog. So here you go… 9 quirky things about me!
1. I do a crossword puzzle every night before I go to sleep. In bed. In pen. New York Times only. (I;m pretty good up until Thursdays, then I get kinda stuck).
2. I always have my toes polished but never my fingernails.
3. I wear my watch on my right wrist even though I’m right-handed. My dad is left-handed, so when I got my first watch I thought everyone wore their watches on their right wrists. Never could get used to switching it.
4. I have a favorite pencil type — Ticonderoga-Dixon, #2-1/2. Really sharp. Like, lethally sharp.
5. I have a “thing” for New Orleans. I don’t really believe in reincarnation in the traditional sense, but I’m really drawn to New Orleans.
6. I hate (H-A-T-E) red peppers, jalapeno peppers, “hots…” I won’t eat anything they touch. (But I do like raw green bell peppers. Go figure).
7. I sometimes talk in strange accents just to amuse myself (and my kids).
8. I am often mistaken for Greek, Italian, Jewish, Armenian… pretty much everything but what I am (half Mexican, half English/Scottish/German). I blend really well.
9. The perfect birthday present for me would be a karaoke machine.
That’s it! Want to play? Link to your post in the comments!