Oh, you know how I feel about this topic! In fact, I’m working on a whole new “Fast Scrapbooking” product including an audio, worksheets, 15-minute layouts with how-tos, and more!!! But in the meantime, let’s tackle this myth:
Scrapbook Myth #2: Scrapbooking Takes a Lot of Time
Scrapbooking takes as much time as you want it to! Seriously… if you want to spend three days on a page, hand-beading little stars and cutting silhouettes of your entire family… go for it!
But if you want to spend half an hour to create a fun and meaningful page, you can do that, too:
Yeah, baby — this little cutie took me less than half an hour.
Here are five tips for creating cute scrapbook layouts FAST:
1. Let the products do the work for you. Choose bold, colorful patterns and “statement” papers and colors. Then you only need to use one paper or embellishment to make a “mark.”
2. Scraplift! I love scraplifting. Look through a magazine or online gallery and find a layout that grabs your eye. Then recreate it with your own photos and products.
3. Set a timer. Just having the timer in front of me keeps me on task, reminding me I’m trying to speed things up.
4. Use your favorites. If you use things you love, you’ll love your page. Honest.
5. Know your process. Some people like to work from the photo forward; others like to work from the story; still others start with a sketch, or their products. What works best for YOU? Experiment until you know how you like to proceed.
P.S. Want some more tips for scrapbooking fast? Sign up for The Dot newsletter and you’ll get a free copy of my Super Secret Guide to Scrapbooking Fast!