You know that I’m big on telling stories. That is why I’m so pumped about Ali Edwards’s class, “Yesterday & Today” from Big Picture Classes. I’m not sure anyone is better at demonstrating how everyday life becomes art than Ali is.
Ali says: “The benefit of looking to the past is that we gain perspective. We see things differently after developing an awareness of what we know and what we wished we knew. Looking back, even if we’re just viewing old photos of people we don’t know, can change the way we approach the photos we take and the stories we tell today.”
In this 13-week class, Ali will help memory keepers make meaningful connections to their past in order to live their life in a more thoughtful way. Projects are limited to one layout a week that address questions like:
- Where do you begin creating with photos from generations past?
- What do you wish you knew about your parents when they were growing up?
- What life lessons do you want to pass on to your children?
- How do you document the challenging times in your life?
- How do you create layouts that tell special stories when you don’t have any photos?
Whether you’re new to this deeper style of storytelling, or this is something you’re already doing, I can guarantee you that spending a few months with Ali will dramatically affect your ability to capture and record stories from both today and yesterday.
This class begins December 30, and I have two great offers for you!
1. Enter to win a free spot in “Yesterday & Today” by leaving a comment on this post telling about a story you’d like to record but haven’t gotten around to yet. (A sentence or phrase is fine!). I’ll draw one winner to receive the free spot. Contest closes Sunday, December 26 at Midnight.
2. ALL my readers are entitled to a 10% discount off the $99 price. Use promo code yesterdaytoday at checkout.
P.S. Thank you to Big Picture Classes for sponsoring this giveaway! I am thrilled to be one of BPC’s 4Experts in 2011. I’ll be teaching “The Mother LOAD” starting July!!! Make sure you’re signed up on my mailing list to receive details about registration.