If you’ve ever watched A&E’s hit show, “Hoarders,” you may have felt like you had a little too much in common with some of the guests. Well, we go straight to the source in today’s podcast with special guest and sweet friend of mine, Geralin Thomas!
Geralin is not only an incredible lady, she is a regular on “Hoarders,” helping people with the most severe hoarding issues tackle their problems. While chances are you don’t have any pumpkins rotting away under your scrap paper, she’s definitely got some tips to help you streamline your supplies.
- How the “Mad Men” of advertising are devising plans to get us to buy more than we could ever use
- Why perfectionism is keeping us hog-tied and disorganized
- How time management plays into the problem of over-purchasing
- How a hula hoop (!) can help you organize your space
- How to get your kids involved in cleaning, organizing and decluttering
(She also shares her own personal organizing challenge!)
This episode is JAM-PACKED with ideas and suggestions. I know you’re going to love it!
Links in This Episode:
“Predictably Irrational” by Dan Ariely (aff link)
P.S. The Use It Up! Challenge is still in full swing. Check out past and future daily assignments on the Layout a Day Facebook page.
P.P.S. If you want more information and guidance on organizing your space, I suggest you check out this video class from Aby Garvey: Get Organized to Make the Most of Your Scrapbook Space.