What if you had a way to quickly story your family’s stories in an easy-to-use format, that you could refer to again and again for layout ideas?
What if this system was small enough to fit in your purse, but large enough to fit your layout sketches, page ideas, and notes?
Well, search no more… your prayers have been answered! I opened my mail the other day to discover this:
The very talented Kristin Rutten, owner and writer behind Log Your Memory, has come up with the perfect solution for scrapbookers everywhere! The Memory Logbook 2011: Half-Year Combo Set (first half of the year pictured above) is perfect for jotting quick notes, keeping track of important appointments (scrapbooking- and non-scrapbooking-related), sketching designs, writing shopping lists, and more.
Here’s what I love about the Memory Logbook 2011: Half-Year Combo Set:
- The small, 6×8″ format, perfect for perfect for taking with you or stashing in the car!
- Variety of calendar options inside the book itself (month-at-a-glance or weekly spreads)
- Questionnaires and page prompts for lots of journaling ideas (“Today’s Prices,” “Birthday Memories,” “Monthly Check-up” all include a dozen or more questions to capture the details of the event)
- Weekly challenges section for going deeper in your scrapbooking
- Also available as a Memory Logbook 2011: Full Year Download (so you can print and bind your own) or as a Memory Logbook 2011: Full Year Print Edition. 8-1/2×11″ sizes available as well!
Here’s what I wasn’t so crazy about:
- I’d prefer the paper to be bright white as I’m a big color person (I take notes on my calendar and in my notebooks in vivid felt-tip hues!), so the off-white color of the paper throws me a bit. I could bypass this issue by downloading and printing my own Memory Logbook 2011: Full Year Download on my choice of paper.
- I’d prefer a few more blank pages in each weekly section so I could add my own ideas, stories, and sketches (I’m a prolific doodler!). Again, I can sidestep this minor issue by printing my own.
Whether you want to download and print your own, or order one ready for action, I encourage you to check out Log Your Memory for tons of great resources to assist in your scrapbook storytelling. From a book of lists to the year-long logbooks, there’s plenty for a scrapbooker to fall in love with! Kristin obviously knows first-hand what scrappers want and need.
Speaking of what scrappers want, Kristin has offered Layout a Day readers a 10% discount on the Memory Logbook 2011: Full Year Download, regular price $24.95! Use the coupon code TOUR10offDL at checkout. Coupon expires end of day, 11/17/10.
P.S. Want to win your own copy of the Memory Logbook 2011: January to June Print Edition? Leave me a comment telling me what section you would love to have in a daily planner (exercise? shopping list? menu planning? gifts to buy? Use your imagination!). One random winner will receive the Memory Logbook 2011: January to June Print Edition, retail price $24.95. Contest closes 11/17/10 at midnight.