Because I’m in Califorsunia, sunning and family-ing, I’ve invited my good buddy Monica Bradford of Scrap Inspired to give you some ideas on translating your summer inspiration from idea to page, and to tell you more about a new class she’s launching in a few days. You may know Monica from her washi tape addiction or a few silly scrappy music videos, but her true passion is sharing inspiration with others. She loves looking for inspiration in her everyday life. Since there’s no time of year more inspiring than summer, she’s going to tell you how the warmth, the fun, and the joys of summer can easily inspire your scrapbooking. Here’s Monica!
Hello everyone, Monica Bradford here to share a little summer inspiration with you.
One place I love to look for inspiration is in the things we use everyday. And in the summer time our family goes to the pool a lot. When I truly look at all of our swim stuff I feel so inspired by the colors, textures, and patterns I see. So why not let that inspiration guide my scrapbooking?
This is my beach towel. I love the bright, bold colors. And I especially love the contrast of the black sunglasses against the towel. Just looking at this photo makes me want to grab some striped paper in bold colors and use a black and white photo on the page. I could even see using some floral washi tape along the top and bottom edge of the paper.
I’m inspired…by a towel! And you can be too.
- Find one piece of swim gear that inspires you! (beach towel, swim suit, swim bag, etc)
- Take a look at the colors, patterns and textures and define what you love about it.
- Create a layout using those colors or design as inspiration.
- OR create a layout about actually using that swim gear.
Now, here’s YOUR scrapbook challenge:
Use my photo above to inspire your next scrapbook layout. It doesn’t have to be complicated. You can use one of my ideas or go in another direction. Link up your layout below, and I’ll share mine on Thursday!
I want you to see how fun it is to translate things, inspiration, and ideas from around you to your scrapbook pages. That’s why I created a fun new class called Your Summer Inspired. In this class you will get two weeks of inspirational prompts like this along with layout ideas, a video interview with Stacy Julian, sample layouts, and more! If you love seeing your world with new eyes, you’ll love Your Summer Inspired! In this interactive online class you will receive:
- Two weeks of daily inspirational emails.
- 5 actionable prompts to get you inspired to scrap.
- Original scrapbook layout ideas from me and two guest designers
- Live class chat
- Scrapbook process videos
- Access to a Flickr group where fellow class members can share projects, ask questions, and get personal feedback from Monica.
- An EXCLUSIVE bonus interview with Stacy Julian on the topic of inspiration.
Click to sign up for Your Summer Inspired today. And just because I love Lain and her Layout a Day readers so much I want you to have $10 off the price of the class! Just use the code LAIN at checkout. But you have to hurry! Class begins on July 1st.
Click here to sign up for Your Summer Inspired and heat up your inspiration!